Saturday, December 27, 2008

Wow it's been a while.....

Been sick for about 2 weeks and not quite over it yet, but I'm getting better. Juanpablo was able to take off for a day and Sam was at school most of the time so it wasn't so bad. I've been told that coughs last forever here because of the coral in the air...I'm not happy about that. They put coral in everything here, it's even in the asphalt! We have to be extra careful during rain because it is slicker from the coral in the road. Since we aren't used to it when we get sick it makes it worse. But, it's almost gone and so that is good.

We had a great Christmas! We were able to talk to our families on Christmas day and that was great! We made everyone open their presents early so we could see them. hahaha...I'm sure they didn't mind. Since we are 14 hours ahead of most of our family it was Christmas Day for us but Christmas Eve for all of them. It's still so weird to be a day ahead of everyone.

A few days before Christmas I was talking to Bella and I asked her what we celebrate at Christmas. She said Santa. I asked her what else? And she said...Jesus. I thought that we so cool! We had been trying to teach her about Jesus but since she is only 19months old we didn't know how much she was actually learning. It was so cool that she is understanding. We were reading in the Book of Mormon, the one for LDS families with pictures and quotes, and Bella saw a picture of Christ healing the sick and she got all excited and started pointing and saying Jesus! It was pretty cool...of course then she started pointing to everyone else in the picture and saying Jesus! So, I guess we still have some teaching to do...hahaha...

Bella is getting so big. She loves babies now. She got her stroller the other day and was pushing her babies around in it. Then she went into her room and got a diaper and tried to change the babies diaper! It was so very funny! She was trying to make it fit the baby and of course it wouldn't, but she was determined.

She couldn't do it herself and so she enlisted her brothers help to make it work! She is just so funny!

Bella also seems to have gotten her Dad's luck. At Juanpablo's work Christmas party they had raffles and Bella won a Build-A-Bear and a huge Barbie Castle. She is such a lucky girl!

The other day Bella was tired...she was eating some pizza and then all of a sudden she was asleep....she is so funny! She can fall asleep anywhere!


Here is a cute picture of Sam since this blog seems to have just pictures of Bella. She has just been doing some crazy stuff this month!


This is Sam with just a small amount of his superhero collection. He has like 5 times more than are shown in this picture! He is a big superhero fan. Lately he likes Spiderman the best of the traditional superheros. His favorite of all right now is still Ben 10. He was very excited that he got a Ben 10 Omnitrix (it's like a watch) and Santa brought him a Ben 10 game for the Wii. It was a Ben 10 Christmas for Sam. I think all but like 3 gifts were Ben 10 related! So, he was very happy!

No comments: