Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Kids are funny....part 2...

This morning after we got home from taking Sam to school I asked Bella a question. Her answer had me wanting to laugh and cry at the same time. I asked "Who's my baby?" I was hanging up jackets and getting ready to get her out of the stroller. She told me "I big girl!" So I asked "Who's my big girl?" Her answer, "Bella!" I could just cry. She isn't my baby anymore, at 20 months she has decided that she is a big girl. At least Sam still wants to be my baby. He told me that even though he's a big kid now, he'll always be my baby. How cute is he!

Every Tuesday evening until bed time is Mommy and Sam time, just the two of us. Well, last night he wanted to read some books together. I read 2 books to him and he read 1 book to me! He sounded out most of the words on his own. Just a few he needed help with, but "two" can be tricky to sound out when you're 5! He did such a great job! He is doing so good in school, he just takes after his mom and talks a little more than he should...lol.

Here are some cute random pictures...

This is Christmas Eve of this year, they had just gotten out of the bath and were ready to open their Christmas Eve present.
Here is the doll that I sewed for Bella for Christmas this year, you can see that her hair got into her smile and smudged it a bit...still have to fix it, but Bella doesn't seem to care. I made it all, the doll, the clothes, everything. It was fun and she seems to like it!


The other day the kids were playing in Bella's room and they were unusually quiet. I went to check on them and they had trashed her room and I found them like this....Rocking in Bella's chair together and being silly. They are just too cute!
This was from November, she wanted the camera so bad...she's so funny!
Here is a blast from the past....
October 2000....I was only home from my mission about a week or 2 and still so tan...it was my dad's retirement ceremony. And both my brothers still had hair...lol! (They both shave their heads now.)

No comments: