Saturday, October 11, 2008

Finally....

I finally did it! I watched the Dark Crystal last night. Not alone of course! My wonderful husband was nice enough to watch it with me. I'm happy to say that I had no nightmares and that the movie no longer scares me! Yeah! Although I do completely understand why I was so terrified of it when I was little! The part where the Chamberlain is attacked by all the other bad guys and stripped and kicked out, that part was really disturbing. And the "lady" Aughra, the keeper of secrets that helps Jen, she still freaks me out! She is scary! And she's a good guy! It's crazy! But, at least no nightmares and I even slept with the lights off! Juanpablo didn't laugh at me. He thought that the movie was very dark. I'm glad to be done with that fear! I can't believe that I was afraid of that movie for like 20+ years! I don't remember how old I was when I saw it so I don't know exactly how long it's been. But I fear it no more! Yeah!

So, another Finally....the new trailer for the Twilight movie came out... I'm afraid that I'm going to be really disappointed with the movie. I really like the book and so I kinda wish that I'd seen the movie first instead of reading the book first. Then I could like the movie without comparing it to the book. From the new trailer it looks like they changed some important things from the way it was in the book. I understand that they can't do it exactly to the book. Can you imagine! One of my favorite movies is the BBC version from 1995 of Pride and Prejudice. It is the version of that movie that stuck to the book, mostly. It is 5 hours long! And that book is like 1/4 the length of Twilight! So, I'm trying to be positive and not look at the movie and base it on the book. I'm trying to think of it as a movie that looks good that I want to see and not the book that I want to see on film. Does that make sense? I don't know....I'm trying to keep an open mind! Still not loving that guy they have playing Edward, but I'm trying to like him more in the role. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'll have to not compare him to the Edward in my head! Remember, we get the movie here about a week after you lucky people in the states! So, don't tell me anything about it!

2 comments:

andrea said...

I love that version of Pride and Prejudice.

Melissa said...

Isn't it the best! I really is the only really good one!