Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Iron Chef Melissa
Did you know that I'm an Iron Chef winner! O.k. so not from the show Iron Chef. Our Branch had a ward activity and there was an Iron Chef competition. We had 3 different secret ingredients to choose from and then it was either side, main or dessert. Our choices were apples, cranberries or pumpkin. I chose to do an apple side dish. I made Salpicao, it's a Brazilian dish. It is shredded chicken with ham strips, peas, carrots, palm hearts and apples mixed with mayo and topped with potato sticks. It is probably my favorite Brazilian dish. It is typically eaten as a side at bbq's but can be for any time. Well, there were several other dishes in my category, but I was the Iron Chef winner for apple side dish! I was so proud! Everyone loved it and I had none left over to bring home. Yeah me! Just thought I'd share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations, may be we will see you featured in FoodNetwork. Start practicing your cooking, smiles and talk while you cook.
Make sure to either blog or e-mail us the recipe. Congratulations! It sounds yummy.
C. M.
Post a Comment