Today was a big day at church for our family. Samuel had the Primary Program and he actually went up and did his part this year! That was a big step for him. Last year he refused to go and do it. He was a little reluctant to go and Juanpablo had to walk with him up to the front. But he stayed up there and didn't cry. He almost cried, but then he was with the other kids in his class and his teacher and he was fine. He did a really good job! He sang the songs and did his part which he had memorized. He didn't get up and play around, he just sat there and did so good! We are very proud of him!
Today was also Bella's first time at Nursery! I was a little worried because Sam didn't want anything to do with Nursery! We took her in and she was grabbing hold of my leg and I had flashbacks to Sam's entire Nursery experience. I was worried! Then Juanpablo got her a puzzle, she wouldn't go get any toys on her own. And she started playing with the puzzle and Juanpablo left. Then as she was still looking to see if I was there I stayed a little longer. I started backing for the door and was worried how she would do when I left. She turned around and looked at me as I was backing out the door. She didn't cry. She just watched me leave and then I waited outside the door to see if she would start crying and after a few minutes someone opened the door and I peeked in and she was still happily playing with the puzzle. I left and went to class happy but strangely sad at the same time. I was happy because she didn't have a melt down, but part of me was sad that she didn't have a melt down! Do you know what I mean? Well, I was in the hall between classes and one of the nursery workers was carrying Arabella to take the older nursery kids to their other class and I thought oh no she's gonna see me and that's it. Well, I tried to not let her see me, but it didn't work. She looked right at me and said Mama! But the nursery worker kept walking and Bella watched me but didn't cry at all. So, I went on to Relief Society and it was so weird to not have Bella in there with me. I'm used to having her sleeping on my lap throughout Relief Society or trying to get her to stay quiet so I can hear the lesson. It was nice to be able to pay attention to the lesson without having to worry about a little one. So, it was a great day! Everyone is happy and everything worked out great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment