I'm just so excited about the auction. They had a really pretty wood and marble side table that was marked for $400 and it sold for $114 (we didn't bid on it cuz we had walked there and had to carry everything we bought!) Juanpablo got this warrior figure that he is really excited about. It's pretty cool!
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Auction...
We just got back from an awesome auction! They have it about once a month and they have all their stuff super cheap to start. They had lots of things that went for $1 and had like 12 different little figures and stuff like that. It was awesome! We got a $100 trunk for only $17! And a beautiful set of 6 bowls and 8 plates that are real stoneware for $11! And lots more! We arent' unwrapping the stuff now cuz in a few days we will be moving into our house. I'll post some pictures of our beautiful new stuff once we move into the house. Oh, we also got this set of intricately carved real jade balls! I'm really excited about those! There are 3, 1 big and 2 small. They are a ball within a ball within a ball, there are like 6 balls in all! They come with bases that they sit on. It's so nice! I'm so excited about the beautiful ball that I just had to unwrap it to take a picture to show you all! We got those for only about $20. And they are real jade!

We got lots of other fun new things too. It was a great day! And since this website has gotten the kinks worked out that were preventing me from posting pictures now I can go back and post the pictures on the other post! Yeah! It's been a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow, that stuff is beautiful! And I can't believe it was so inexpensive. Next time you go to that auction, you should totally borrow someone's truck. (Man, do they even have regular pick-up trucks in Japan? You never see them in the movies...)
I'm so happy that y'all like it there. I hope the move-in goes well. Take care, and give the kids a kiss for me!
Rachelle
I haven't seen any pick up trucks. They have these little work trucks that I've only seen on base, they are really little. Mostly you see really small cars and minivans. We are getting a minivan tomorrow, so we should be able to more stuff on the next auction! And we'll have our house by then so we won't have to worry and bringing it back to the hotel and then moving it!
Post a Comment