Monday, August 18, 2008

Hot and Humid....

Boy was it a hot and humid day today! Juanpablo, the kids and I walked to the Exchange again today. But we made the mistake of leaving here at like 2:30 p.m.....the hotest and most humid time of the day! It made it seem like a much longer trip and took longer than usual. I wonder if we will ever get used to the weather here. It reminds me a lot of how the weather is in Brazil, and so I'm hopeful! I did get used to the weather when I was there so I hope that the same thing will happen here. When we go visit, even if it's the middle of summer, we will probably be freezing! The humidity here makes it seem way hotter than the temperature says. Even in the shade it's hot, though it is a little better. We are very excited to be getting our car tomorrow! And Sam can't wait to move into our apartment. He keeps wanting to do it today, he doesn't understand why we can't just move in now. Quite frankly I can't really understand that either. Don't know why we had to wait so long. I guess they just don't have enough housing people working in the office. The Air Force is in charge of all the housing on Okinawa and so we have to go over to the Kadena Air Force Base to sign all the papers and then go to the housing office on Camp Foster (where we will be living) and get the keys. I don't know why we can't just do it all at the same place. It's really kind of annoying. Kadena AFB is only like 5 miles from Camp Foster, but it takes about a half an hour to get there without major traffic! There are a lot of people here on Okinawa! I'm not sure when we will get Internet set up at our house so I don't know when I'll be posting on here again. I'll be sure to get some pictures of our new to us van and post them tomorrow. It will be Juanpablo's first time driving here in Japan. I still don't have my license. We couldn't do it on the same day because we didn't have anyone to watch the kids and we couldn't bring them. So, I'll have to do it soon. It's actually pretty easy, just 30 questions and they are pretty straight forward. I'm a little nervous about driving on the wrong side of the road though! And I'll probably keep going to the passenger side when I'm supposed to be driving! Today when we were walking to the Exchange I was watching the cars driving by, and most of them had 2 or more people in them. Then I saw 2 cars in a row that only had a driver, and I'm not kidding, the first thing that pops into my head is "How is that car driving? Where's the driver?!" It took me a minute to remember that the people in the "passenger" seat were actually the drivers! hahahaha! Sometimes I make myself laugh! I mean Japan is pretty far technologically, but they aren't that far!

No comments: