Friday, August 22, 2008

Finally!

We are in our house and we have some furniture that we have on loan from the government. So, our house is not so empty any more. We just got a couch and a dinning room table with 6 chairs. We get to use them until we leave from here. I think that's a pretty cool thing that they do. We left our couch and dinning room set in storage in the states. Next week we should get our first shipment. And then by Sept. 15th (our 7 year anniversary) we should get our last shipment with our beds (Yeah! No more air mattresses!). Right before we left the hotel to move in here Sam got a new toy....the funny thing is, Bella loves it.





We have a pretty nice house, the rooms are pretty big and it's really pretty nice. We have 3 bedrooms and 2 baths. We also have 2 balconies! One off the living room and one off the master bedroom. The MB balcony is a little smaller than the LR one, but they both have pretty nice views! The first is from the master bedroom and the second is from the living room.






We went to the beach for the first time today. It is less than 10 minutes from our house and is really beautiful! We went to Araha Beach and there they have this big pirate ship for the kids to play on. It has a zip line and slides and all sorts of fun stuff for the kids to play on. The water is beautiful! And something that I loved, it has a net around the swimming area so you don't have to worry about getting stuck in a current and getting carried out to sea and you also don't have to worry about jellyfish or sharks getting to where you are swimming! It was Arabella's first time at the beach. She didn't really like it very much. She didn't really care for the water and she hated having the sand on her! She got really upset and started complaining whenever sand got on her foot or leg. It was kinda funny. She loves to color on herself with pens and get dirty that way, but don't put any sand on her! Here are some pictures from the beach.






Oh, so we also got a second car today. Juanpablo will be stationed here on Camp Foster where we live, but the rest of his unit is on MCAS Futenma. So, if he needed to go over there unexpectedly and the kids and I had gone out somewhere then he wouldn't have the car and would have no way to get there because it's kinda far. So, we went to the same place we got our van (B.C. Motors, in case any of you ever need a car in Okinawa, they are really good!). I still haven't taken any pictures of the van, I keep forgetting and when I remember I don't have the camera. I'll take pictures of both cars once we pick up the other one. It's a really cute little car. It's big enough that we could fit the kids in if we needed to, but it's pretty small! It reminds me of a mini cooper. All in all it was a pretty great day! Lots of fun! I also got my license so now I'm legal for driving in Japan! So, yeah, it was a good day.

No comments: