Monday, August 25, 2008

Fun, Fun, Fun!!!

On Saturday we went to the MCAS Futenma Flightline Festival. It was so much fun! We all got a little tanner after being in the sun all afternoon too! They had the different helicopters and planes and you could walk through them and the kids got to pretend to fly them. It was tons of fun! They also had lots of different types of entertainment. They had the Japanese police department there with the K9 unit showing what the dogs could do. That was pretty cool! And they had something that really made me laugh, a Mariachi band! Can you believe it! Here in Japan! It was just funny to me. They also had Salsa dancers and Belly dancers. We ate some weird Japanese food. It wasn't bad actually. Juanpablo got some rice with veggies and some noodles, kinda looked like Chinese food. Sam got these pancake type stuff with some kind of weird filling, looked like refried black beans, but so did not taste like that. It was kinda sweet, I'm still not sure what it was! I got this thing that was like a pancake on the bottom and then cabbage and some other stuff and then a piece of bacon on top of that. It wasn't bad, and I don't usually like anything with cabbage. Bella ate a little bit of everything. I should have taken pictures of the food but I didn't. We were surprised by the amount of fried food they had there. We didn't eat any of that. It was really hot! They had all sorts of games set up where you could win prizes. Sam played lots of games and Bella even went fishing for a prize! There was also a kids play area with moon bounces and mazes and slides. Sam had a really great time. We all did! Bella got into some of the planes and trucks and tried driving. She didn't want to get out of the cockpits of the helicopters. I think we just might have a future pilot on our hands! Sam got to do some wall climbing too! He did pretty good. He didn't make it to the top of the wall because his arms just weren't long enough. But he did make it about halfway! Here are some pictures from our fun day!











2 comments:

andrea said...

Hey Melissa! I can't wait to read all about your adventures. It certainly seems exciting. I'm glad you have a blog! Bella is so cute! I love this pic of her.

love ya!

yolisaa said...

Hello kids, I am so excited to read about the great time you are having, it is really wonderful to see the children. Thanks for sharing your precious moments. We love you all.