O.k. I feel a little better now. I went to find this picture to post and I saw on IMDB that they had a forum about this movie. So many people my age and some older were saying that they are still terrified of this movie all these years later and that they don't remember the movie itself, just the fear. So, I don't feel completely crazy anymore!
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Fear
It's funny the how the weirdest stuff that scared us when we were kids, they sometimes still scare us as adults. Since I can remember I've had a fear of a movie....a PG kids movie! I don't even like to look at the box! I haven't seen the movie since I was little cuz it scared me. And now, years and years later, I still haven't watched it again. Your gonna laugh when I say the name....well, you may not have ever seen it....it's called The Dark Crystal. It has been so long since I've seen it that I don't even remember what happens in the movie or why I'm scared of it. But I still don't like to even look at the box, let alone the movie. Right before moving here my older sister told me that I had to face my fear. We were pretty sure that our parents had the DVD, so we were searching for it (for those of you that haven't been to my parents, they have hundreds of movies, and I'm not exaggerating! So, we really did have to search!) We checked everywhere and couldn't find it at all. She had convinced me that I should face my fear. It really is silly to be scared of a little kids movie made by the Jim Henson Company! So, since we couldn't find the movie I wasn't able to face that fear. For our 7 year Anniversary my wonderful husband got me a gift certificate and so I was looking around trying to decide what I wanted. I happened to be looking in the DVDs and I remembered what my sister had said. So, I told myself that if they should happen to have it, and if it was under $15 then I'd get it. I think part of me secretly hoped that it would be more than that! Well, it was $9. So, I bought it, but since we live in Japan and everything takes so long to get here I figured I had time. The estimated arrival date was sometime between the 11th and 15th of October! Almost a whole month away! Plenty of time to prepare. Well, guess what came in the mail today! So, now I have to face the fear. I took one look at the box cover and shuttered! I'm sure that Juanpablo thinks I'm completely insane. I told him that under no circumstance are Sam and Bella to watch it, even though it's PG. He has never seen the movie. I had told him about the insane fear I have of that movie after I had ordered it. He will probably laugh after we watch it, thinking I'm crazy for being scared for 20+ years of the movie. Who knows, maybe I'll think I'm crazy too! Now I just have to find time to watch it.
O.k. I feel a little better now. I went to find this picture to post and I saw on IMDB that they had a forum about this movie. So many people my age and some older were saying that they are still terrified of this movie all these years later and that they don't remember the movie itself, just the fear. So, I don't feel completely crazy anymore!
O.k. I feel a little better now. I went to find this picture to post and I saw on IMDB that they had a forum about this movie. So many people my age and some older were saying that they are still terrified of this movie all these years later and that they don't remember the movie itself, just the fear. So, I don't feel completely crazy anymore!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So how did it go? Did you face your fear? Sherry is SO funny. I can just visualize your search.
Loved Bella's piggy tails.
Ok, I hate that movie! It scared me as a little child as well. I also really don't like the movie Snow White. Yikes! I will never own that movie. Good luck with conquering your fears. You will probably have to sleep with the lights on. ;)
I'm right there with you Missy! I DEFINITELY don't want to watch that movie!! Who needs the exorcist when you've got the Jim Henson Puppets! Wait...that didn't sound right. I swear I'm an adult now! :^D But for those of us who saw the movie, YOU know what I'm talking about!!
Post a Comment