I don't think there is anyone that hasn't at least heard of the Twilight Series. I just up and decided to read it after having heard a few months before that it was really good. I bought the first book and devoured it in less than a day. I couldn't wait to get the next two. I sped through those almost as quickly and was going crazy waiting for the fourth to come out. I even got them as book on cd! I'm listening to Twilight again, while I clean and things like that. I just don't understand those people that say that it's bad writing. I really enjoyed all four of the books. I wasn't disappointed by Breaking Dawn at all, as a lot of people apparently were. And I'm so sad that Midnight Sun has been put on hold. I'm hoping that Stephenie Meyer changes her mind. I read what she had put up on her website and it's so good! Not only do we get to learn more about Edward, but we get to learn about the other characters as well! I'm sad that someone chose to violate her trust and we all have to pay for it. Sorry to be going on and on about this, I know if you are looking at this then you were most likely wondering what's going on with the kids and us, but this entry is more about me I guess! I am excited that the movie is going to be coming out in November instead of December! Although the movies seem to come here about a week late. So, if anyone sees it, don't tell me about it til a week later! I plan to go as soon as it's here at any of the base theatres. I will travel if I have to...hahaha, it's like 15 minutes to the farthest base! For those Twilight fans out there, what do you think of the guy playing Edward? I'm kinda disappointed. I don't think he makes a very good Edward. He's just not that good looking to me and Edward is supposed to be amazing. I like the guy that Stephenie Meyer picked, he is beautiful, to bad he's 25 now. I don't think he could pull off 17. But he would have been perfect! I am trying to like the Harry Potter guy as Edward. Sorry about the rambling...I do have an excuse though. I screwed up my back in November and never really got it fixed. I was nursing and so the medicines they could give me were limited. Bella has had to stop nursing, it was only before bed so it wasn't that big a deal. They put me on Valium at night (it makes me a little loopy in the mornings too!) and Ultram during the day when I don't have to do anything. They both completely knock me out cold! I spent all of Saturday, except for about 2 hours, in bed. It does seem to be working so I'm happy about that! Hopefully I'll be cured for now! It's always something that could pop up again at any time. But if I can get rid of the pain then I can exercise more easily and strengthen my abs and legs and then according to the doctor I shouldn't have as many problems with my back. That would be so nice!
Oh, so, Juanpablo is in the field this week. It's gonna be weird being just me and the kiddos til Saturday. Our final shipment should be coming in right after he gets back. I'm glad about that! We've been sleeping on air mattresses this whole time! I miss my bed! We have like no furniture except for a dinning room table and a chairs and a couch which the government lent to us. We can keep them until the end of our tour here in Okinawa if we want. I don't know if we will end up doing that or not. We'll just have to see if we find anything that we like. We also found out that when we leave Okinawa we get all of our weight allowance! That's annoying! When we came here we could only bring 2 shipments, one of 1,000 lbs and one of 2,500 lbs. And that was it. It seems like a lot, but just our kitchen stuff, some of the kids toys, clothes and linens was 1,300 lbs! We were over! I'm scared to see how much the other is going to weigh when it gets here! But, you can see that it's not alot! We left a bunch of stuff in storage that we would have gotten rid of if we had known that we could have the full 9,000 lbs when we left here! We thought that we would have to get rid of all our stuff that we got here before we left. So, we hadn't planned on buying furniture or anything. Now we find out that we will have plenty of weight and didn't have to worry. It's really annoying. They should let people know that when they get overseas orders! So, if any of you that are in the military or may be someday, if you go overseas get rid of everything and buy cool new stuff when you get there and then take it back with you!
This is getting pretty long huh! Oh, good news. Juanpablo and I have both gotten callings! We are happy about that. I was sustained and set apart yesterday as the Relief Society Secretary. I'm excited about it cuz I've never really worked in the Relief Society before. It's always been the Primary for me, oh and once in Young Women (that was an awesome calling!). Juanpablo was called to be the Teachers Advisor. It will be his first time working with the Young Men and I'm sure he will be amazing with the boys! He is really looking forward to it. O.k. I better stop now or I will keep prattling on and on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Personally, I think Robert Pattinson is going to make an excellent Edward, but that's mostly because I think he's scorching hot. If you get a chance to rent Penelope on DVD, there's a special featurette on Twilight, including some scenes (this is also up on YouTube). And yes, I'll admit, Pattinson's voice is not how I imagined it in my head as I was reading. But I'm willing to give the guy a chance. If he pleases me or disappoints me, I'll let that be on the strength of his performance as Edward. Honestly, I think it would be easier for him to impress if he were allowed to use his real accent instead of having to fake an American one, but we'll just have to see how it turns out.
I love twilight also! And I got Chris to read them. I kept saying how there were a ton of cool cars and a lot of action. So he read them on that premise but now he's hooked.
Hope your back gets feeling better soon and congrats on your new calling. I love RS. I am a RS teacher and I got called as the Primary secretary. funny, I've never really been in primary before. It's been several years.
Hey Mel! I'm glad your mom sent out the link to your blog...I have one too, although it severely needs to be updated...lots coming. :-) You gave me a fabulous idea! I too am on the twilight band wagon but I've only read most of them once. However, I really want to read them again, but there's just so much I need to do that it's hard to justify just sitting around reading books that I've already read. No matter how much I'm obsessed with them. Your idea of listening to them while doing things around the house was about the best idea I've ever heard! I guess now I know what to ask for for Christmas. :-)
Post a Comment