Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Big Day!

Kindergarten! Can you believe my little baby boy is in kindergarten? Yesterday we went to an orientation type thing where he got to see the class and find his little cubby/locker type thing and his place at his table. He had a lot of fun. Then this morning we got up bright and early and got to eat breakfast as a family before Juanpablo left for work and Bella and I walked Sam to school! It was nice to be able to do that. I, of course, couldn't eat anything. It made me sick just to look at the food. I was so sad that my baby was going off to school! I mean don't get me wrong, I'm glad that he's so excited about going and that he really likes his teacher....but I'm gonna miss having him here with me all day! At least it's not really the whole day! He goes to school from 7:25 a.m. til 1:40 p.m. I'm gonna have to rearange Bella's nap schedule though! She usually goes down around 1 and sleeps for like 2 hours! I am looking forward to spending some alone time with Bella. When Sam was her age he had me all to himself and so I'm glad that now Bella will get that too. So far she doesn't know what to think about Sam not being here. When we left the school after dropping him off she kept pointing to the school and saying "go, go" She wanted to stay with him like we had yesterday. She wasn't too happy about us leaving him behind! She's really tired now too, I imagine it won't be too hard to change her nap to earlier, I think she'd nap now if I let her! Well, here are some pictures of Sam at the orientation and then Sam with his backpack on a ready to leave for school this morning.

This is Sam's cubby/locker thing
This is Sam's table, he sits inbetween 2 girls.
This is Sam's teacher. He is sitting on the letter R, that is his place on the carpet.


My big guy! Ready for his first full day of school!
He did great when we dropped him off. He found his cubby/locker and put away his stuff and then went and sat down on the carpet with all the other kids. He didn't even look back at me. I'm so proud of him! Only 6 more hours and then I can go get him! I'll bet he had a great time! I'm proud of me too, I didn't cry, it wasn't easy, but I was holding Bella and so that made it a little easier. At least I've got a couple of years before she goes off to school, but I bet that's gonna pass pretty quickly!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you didn't even cry? I am amazed. I'm glad you have Bella at home to ease the loneliness. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself when Olesia starts school next year.

By the way, Sam looks entirely too grown up. He's just so tall now. I wonder if he'll even pass Juanpablo up some day.

I hope he's having a great time in school!

andrea said...

How cute!! Chickie started school this year too. So I know how you feel! I love having a little time with Bentley.